Animator vs Animation III Animator vs Animation III

One question

He clearly has both IE and Firefox. So why the FUCK is he not browsing in Firefox in the first place?

You know you want to + this comment. You know you do.

The SC2 Reporter: Zerg The SC2 Reporter: Zerg

"it's a spire, shut up"

Always wanted to do a StarCraft flash, but I knew it'd be a lot of work making things recognizable. XD SUCH WITTY COMMENTARY ON THE CRAPPY NEW ZERG

Pawnshop Prick Pawnshop Prick

classic.

fucking LOL. by the way, it sounds like our author was chatting on MSN messenger when he recorded the fart sound. lol.

Meet'N'Fuck Kingdom Meet'N'Fuck Kingdom

You should have said "he's got a mission of great impotence!" in the description. It would have been perfect. 3 stars.

Oppa Gangnam Run Oppa Gangnam Run

5 stars because I have the high score

Super Mario 63 Super Mario 63

Wow.

This is an amazing game and deserves a spot in the Portal's top 10, a shame it doesn't have it. I have only played 3 stars into it and I know it's going to be worth finishing 100%. Heavy old-school and modern-day Mario influences, but (obviously) Mario 64 is the most prevalent theme. I just finished it for the first time this year (shame on me) and so much of the game is duplicated here, but in a new style, with new twists.

The amount of effort you put into this is astounding. The graphics options (for simpler backgrounds and all) were nice for this slow laptop to keep it running 30fps. The graphics (sprites & hand drawn) mesh well, the music was well chosen -- a lot of M64 pieces but some remixes and other themes to keep things fresh, and they all suit every level you venture to. It's really a nostalgic trip playing this game, the aesthetics have all been covered; I can't even see many corners cut to save time or effort. Even little touches like Mario having an idle animation, his voice clips both in-game and during cinematics,

Controls are solid. They work. Midair control is as it should be in a Mario game. Some things (like the Backflip: Down, Up+Away) just don't feel right. But all in all, A+. No big complaints.

The plot is appropriately epic.. a tried and true formula, but by no means unoriginal. The dialogue, signs and other text in the game give it a unique personality, and is really refreshing, especially sometimes expecting a Nintendo-written dialogue with a game this pro.

Lots of time to spend here, with 64 stars with their own unique objectives to complete. It doesn't ever feel like you're "collecting stars", just on a big adventure and the stars are along the way.

Also major props on your level designs. Not just the aesthetics but how they play -- it's truly awesome to see a functioning cannon return in the levels it should, the spin-warp stars from Galaxy are a nice touch, too. Layouts of the maps in general, and the general platforming design is great. It's also really cool that you added a level designer, I haven't played with it much yet..

While I hate to sound "nit picky" (this is an awesome game btw) here are a few things that I would LOVE to see in an update:
- NG Medals. Not a big deal, I rarely care about them, but a game this epic and time-consuming deserves a shiny medal to award its winners. :)
- Customizable Controls. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd prefer to map a different layout.
-60fps.. the control feels appropriately tighter at a higher framerate (I think it's not just me hovering around 30 on all graphics settings)
-A big level database. Like Time Fcuk did, connect to NG so users can share their levels right here on the same page as the Flash itself. Or at least have a free host set up where users can submit levels.. you know?

I was sure I could think of more but I'm going blank.. too bad I can't edit this review once I'm done with the game. :)

In summary, this blows me away! A very memorable game, and like I said, deserving of a top 10 of all-time score. Voted 5, favorited, sharing w/ friends!

Over The Moon (Like a Cow) Over The Moon (Like a Cow)

Ah, yes..

I like this, alot. First thought when I started playing this -- man, this sounds nice. It feels very clear and ambient in my headphones (that are actually pretty cheap). The intro was nice, as others have said. The middle section seemed pretty repetitive, but the quiet, subtle guitar in the background behind the main beat was cool. I could see this used in a game, or a comedy flash. I might use it in a Flash that never gets submitted, but I'll be sure to give you credit. ;) Awesome work, dude, what's next?

Scribbler responds:

Hey, this is a great review! Very detailed and I appreciate your attention to detail! I really tried to make this nice for both headphones and speakers. Whenever I record audio, I use my surround headphones to get the best quality available. I use myriad software audio programs to ensure optimal quality. It's great that you noticed.

Once again, I am glad that you liked the intro as well. The reason why the middle seemed repetitive is because there are no lyrics. Originally, this song was intended to contain some lyrics but in the end, I just decided to release this by itself. You never know, version two might pop up in the near future!

Both guitars were played by me and I am quite impressed that you noticed the second guitar. The drums were done by a friend of mine, Orodreth. Not many people pay attention to each individual instrument. They just "listen" to the song.

It would be great if this were used in a submission but if not, no problem. Go ahead and use it in your movie, I appreciate it!

Next, is a song that will probably be out in the portal sometime this week. It's another comedic song but still punk! Full of visual intensity, once again.

Thank you for a GREAT review.

Forest Temple - Zelda Remix Forest Temple - Zelda Remix

Aw..

I love your Zelda music, dude! It takes me back.. when I was playing Zelda and I couldn't get through the damned temple! It haunted me so.. *~* I like the tune though, quite a refreshing spin of your own!

Crossofdevil responds:

Thanks i tried my best ill be coming out with more soon thanks for the support dude!

>:D

Gerudo Valley mix Gerudo Valley mix

Awesome, in a word.

Truly brings back the great memories of playing Zelda on my 64.. extremely nostalgic. Well done, might I add. Ah.. I wish I could learn how to make loops like you do. ^_^ Nice job.

DJ-Keen responds:

First of all, I LOVE the word nostalgic.
And second of all, I love YOU.

I'm not the best but I try.. Glad to know someone appriciates.